Maureen Sullivan Bonanni
Maureen was born and raised in Albany. She is a 1971 cum laude graduate of the College of St. Rose and a 1972 graduate of State University of New York at Albany with a masters degree in political science. She then worked for a few years in the New York State Legislature and for certain lobby groups before returning to Albany Law School, where she graduated in 1980.
At a time when there were few women litigators, Maureen commenced doing trial work with an Albany defense firm. Because of her experience, she was elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates in 2000. She has defended the manufacturers of products in catastrophic injury cases and defends health care professionals and hospitals in civil litigation, as well as before Boards of Misconduct. Maureen's experience includes defending manufacturers of farm equipment, automobiles, furniture, and many other products. She has handled cases involving brain damaged infants and adults, neurologically impaired infants and adults, and wrongful death claims and has defended insurance companies in cases asserting bad faith and fraud.
Maureen is admitted in New York State courts, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, and Southern District of New York.
She is also a member of the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, Albany County Bar Association, Saratoga County Bar Association, Capital District Trial Lawyers Association, Defense Research Institute, Sustaining Member and Past President of the Albany Law School American Inns of Court where she devoted considerable time to teaching law students the art of trial work.
Throughout her career, Maureen has been asked to lecture at numerous New York State Bar Association seminars.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Hospital Malpractice/Negligence Defense
- Products Liability Defense
- New York, 1981
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1981
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. - 1980
- College of Saint Rose, Albany, New York
- B.A. - 1971
- Honors: cum laude
- Lecturer, New York State Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Albany Law School, Master, 1989 to Present
- American Inn of Court, Barrister, 1986 to 1989
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Albany County Bar Association, Member
- Saratoga County Bar Association, Member
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2000 to 2000