Arthur H. Thorn
Arthur Thorn is a 1965 graduate of New York University and a 1969 graduate of Syracuse University where he received his J.D.
Arthur is sustaining member of the Product Liability Advisory Council, Inc., and is also a member of the following organizations: Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine, American Academy of Forensic Sciences, Society of Automotive Engineers , International Association of Defense Counsel, Trial Attorneys of America, Defense Research Institute, Defense Research Institute of Northeastern New York, American Trial Lawyers Association, New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Capital District Trial Lawyers Association, American Arbitration Association, American Bar Association, NYS Bar Association, Albany, Saratoga, and Montgomery Bar Associations. He is also an advocate of American Board of Trial Advocates. Arthur has served on the Board of Directors of the Governmental Regulations Committee of the Insurance Negligence and Compensation Law Section of the New York State Bar Association. Arthur is listed in the Best Attorneys in America, Personal Injury.
Arthur is one of the most well-known and well-respected trial attorneys in upstate New York.
He has successfully defended numerous automotive and other product manufacturers, as well as doctors and hospitals in complex litigation both in New York State, Federal Court, and in various New England states. He continues to provide all his clients with the knowledge, experience, and expertise necessary for the defense of all types of complex civil litigation. Arthur is currently the only Albany area attorney to be a sustaining member of the Product Liability Advisory Counsel
Throughout his career, Arthur has lectured at various seminars and published numerous articles relative to his areas of expertise, including:
Issues Unique to Automobile and Crashworthiness Litigation, Products Liability in New York: Strategy and Practice, NYSBA, 1997 and 2002.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Civil Litigation
- New York, 1969
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1969
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1990
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. - 1969
- New York University, New York, New York
- B.A. - 1965
- General Motors Corporation
- Nissan Motor Company, U.S.A.
- Subaru of America, Incorporated
- Textron, Incorporated
- Marine Midland Bank
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Product Liability Advisory Council, Inc., Sustaining Member, 00/1986
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences, Provisional Member, 00/1985
- International Association of Defense Attorneys, Member, 00/1987
- Phi Alpha Delta